Friday 5 October 2007

Portfolio Work Raster Pt2.3 - Lights manip

This was originally a photograph I took at night with my camera phone. It used to be a series of coloured lights from a roundabout and brightly lit street near the top of Union Street, Aberdeen. First I resized the image then resized the canvas increasing it to 150%. I filled the background layer in black to match the photograph and then used the Dark Strokes filter on the image. I adjusted the saturation and contrast of the photograph and then added anti-aliased text. I made the text overlay the image and finally smudged and blurred the edges of the lights in the photograph to make them more... spikey. :P Quite pleased with the result. :D

2 comments:

mark739 said...

thts frigin sweet! :)

Duncan said...

You're doing that thing again with random text. Is it a trademark of yours, Catherine? When did you start doing that?