Sunday 7 October 2007

Miniaturizing

Anyone read the US Oct 2007 Wired? I got it in Borders in Glasgow today and found an ace wee quick tutorial for Photoshop in it (pg 56). Has anyone seen those photos of real life scenes that have been either photoshopped or photographed with a tilt-shift lens so that they look like everything is in miniature as if you've photographed a scale model? Well it's SO easy to do in Photoshop and only takes a sec to do! I tried it on some photographs I took in Glasgow over the weekend...

The Glasgow Apple Store - in miniature!

George Square earlier today - except now it looks like toy buses and cars!! :)

I found the tutorial on Wired's online magazine site if anyone wants to have a go:
http://www.wired.com/culture/lifestyle/magazine/15-10/st_howtoscene

3 comments:

Duncan said...

Thanks, Catherine. I've seen the photos in magazines, but never got round to following up the manipulation technique. My miniaturizing ends up like this ;-)

Anonymous said...

I like that particular method, it looks quite neat.
I haven't been doing any recently, but I'll post a link later to a few examples I found striking.


H.B.

Duncan said...

Mentioned in Dispatches